Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Memorial day I was at my son, Chris' house and he was using some moderately expensive rubs on his barbecue and was disappointed that it didn't have the kick he wanted. So I came up with this one. This is a bit too hot for the little one's or others that can't handle much heat. Reduce the cayenne and chili powder.
- 4 tablespoons ground cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground dried arbol chile peppers
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a shaker.
- Use to season ribs, chicken, or brisket for smoking.