Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
SO easy and good!
Make and share this Rick Bayless's Queso Fundido recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and minced (I only used one)
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add diced tomatoes, minced jalapenos, diced onion, and a large pinch of salt. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in tequila and cook, stirring frequently, until skillet looks nearly dry, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cheese and cook, stirring constantly, until fully melted, about 30 seconds.
- Quickly transfer queso to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately with tortilla chips.
This recipe was good but it seemed to be lacking some "zing". I was using sliced jalapenos so maybe I didn't use enough this time. Maybe next time I'll use Pepper Jack cheese instead.