Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had lunch at a steakhouse and not in the mood for steak ordered this dish. I was determined to re-create the dish and this is the result I came up with.
- 1 lb thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- flour (for dredging)
- 2 eggs, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, cheese--shredded
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Salt and pepper each side of chicken.
- dredge seasoned chicken in flour.
- dip floured chicken into egg mixture shaking off excess.
- coat with breadcrumbs.
- Fry each piece of chicken in oil until cooked and golden brown--about 5 minutes each side depending on thickness.
- Combine cheese and mayo.
- Spread each piece of chicken with cheese mixture leaving a 1/8" border all around.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet and run under broiler until cheese is bubbly about one minute.
Excellent dish. I too added a little cream to the sauce in addition to the mayonnaise and it turned out great.
I made this with no changes- it was terrible. The cheese seemed sour or something. Better luck next time.
I made this dish last night but tweeked it a bit. I melted the gorg. cheese, mayo, added some crushed garlic and light cream on the stove and poured that over the chicken and served over buttered noodles then topped with chopped chives....it helped cut down the cheesy flavor for those that think its too strong