Recipe by Richard-NYC
I had lunch at a steakhouse and not in the mood for steak ordered this dish. I was determined to re-create the dish and this is the result I came up with.
- 1 lb thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- flour (for dredging)
- 2 eggs, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, cheese--shredded
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper each side of chicken.
- dredge seasoned chicken in flour.
- dip floured chicken into egg mixture shaking off excess.
- coat with breadcrumbs.
- Fry each piece of chicken in oil until cooked and golden brown--about 5 minutes each side depending on thickness.
- Combine cheese and mayo.
- Spread each piece of chicken with cheese mixture leaving a 1/8" border all around.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet and run under broiler until cheese is bubbly about one minute.