Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is as close to a Richmond institution's potato salad as you can get.
- 3 hard cooked egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced thinly
- 5 medium red potatoes, boiled, peeled, cubed, slightly mashed
- In large bowl, mash egg yolks, incorporate into the mayonnaise. Add mustard, sweet pickle juice, salt, pepper, ground celery seeds and sugar. Add onions, celery and potatoes; mix to desired consistency.
This is simply, amazing. You can't get much better then this, and I particularly loved the addition of the egg yolks directly into the mayonnaise, and mixing well. This is the best potato salad I have had, or made for that matter, and can't figure out why this was not yet reviewed. I followed exactly, except I chopped up the whites and added them as well. Totally, Bliss-ful in my book. Now, my go-to recipe!! :) Thank you so much!! Tailgating in the Diabetic Forum 2012
Instead of sweet relish and sugar, add dill pickle juice. Awesome!
Drop the relish, and we'll have a great potato salad!