From O magazine. This eggnog tastes deceptively mild but beware, it packs a punch!
Make and share this Richmond Eggnog recipe from Food.com.
- Separate eggs, making sure you don't get even a speck of yolk into the whites, or the whites will not puff up well when beaten.
- Whisk yolks until pale yellow. Add sugar a little at a time, stirring continuously.
- Add bourbon very slowly, particularly when starting. Pour in cream slowly, whisking continuously.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold into mixture.
- Gently add in rum, stirring softly but continuously.
- Serve with a sprinkling of freshly grated nutmeg.