Recipe by Richard-NYC
I developed this recipe because I want to eat healthier, but not sacrifice flavor.
Top Review by Loves2Cook!
This meatloaf is very tasty--my husband and I loved it. I did add a large clove of minced garlic, and sauteed the onion, bell pepper (not red pepper) and garlic in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray. This sauteed mixture needs to cool down before it is added to the other ingredients, otherwise it starts to cook the ground turkey slightly. After the 50 minutes in the oven, I moved the baking pan to the stove top and covered it with foil to let it rest. When it came out of the oven, the bottom part had quite a bit of juice in it. After resting for 5 - 10 minutes, the juices were reabsorbed by the meatloaf.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl combine oats and milk--let absorb about 10 minutes.
- Combine absorbed oats and all ingredients--except for ketchup-- in a large bowl.
- Mix with large fork.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Shape meat mixture into loaf.
- Brush with ketchup.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.