1/1 Photo of Richie's Stuffed Mushrooms
A winning combination of a few recipes. I made these as an appetizer for Easter 2007. If bulk sausage is not available simply remove link sausage from casing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove stems from mushrooms and reserve stems. Trim "woody" end of stems.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet.
- 3Add sausage and garlic to skillet and cook til sausage is no longer pink. let cool a bit.
- 4Combine all remaining ingredients including stems--reserving a 1/2 cup of mozzarella-- into the work bowl of a food processor.
- 5Pulse about ten times til combined, do not overmix. Mixture should have texture. Top each mushroom caps equally with (about a tablespoon) stuffing. Place in greased--9 x 13 baking dish--may need 2 dishes depending on size of mushrooms---top with reserved mozzarella.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- 7Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Richie's Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (1911 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.9
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 135.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g