After years of trying everyone else's Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipes, I finally have one I can call my own!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy (4-5 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Meanwhile combine flour, soda and powder in small bowl.
- Gradually add flour to wet ingredients.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Make sure batter is well mixed and consistent.
- FILLING AND TOPPING.
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl working butter into the mixture to form a course mixture.
- Pour half the cake batter into a greased tube, bundt or springform pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the topping/filling mixture over batter.
- Carefully pour and spread other half of batter over filling--spread to cover.
- Sprinkle rest of topping on cake pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool on rack.
- Combine all glaze ingredients and drizzle over cooled cake.