Recipe by FlemishMinx
This is the best rice pudding I've ever tasted. I found it on a British food website, sorry can't remember exactly where. Number of servings is a guesstimate, I find it is difficult to stop eating once you've had a taste . . .
Top Review by mermaidmagic
This is a great recipe for rice pudding. I found that converting the recipe to US measurements was a little tricky, but the end result is a creamy, sweet and delicious dessert. My daughter had a friend over to play and she couldn't get enough. Thanks for sharing this recipe that the 2 girls here rate 100 stars.
- 170 ml short-grain rice ("dessert" rice, if you can find it)
- 700 ml milk
- 170 ml water
- 85 ml heavy cream
- 35 g butter
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt half the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the rice and water, and boil on high heat for 10 minutes or so until the water has evaporated.
- Turn down the heat.
- Add milk and cinnamon and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Rice should now be tender.
- Add cream, salt, sugar and vanilla extract, and stir well.
- Stir in the remainder of the butter, and when this has melted, serve immediately.
- Can also be served chilled from the refrigerator.