Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is the best rice pudding I've ever tasted. I found it on a British food website, sorry can't remember exactly where. Number of servings is a guesstimate, I find it is difficult to stop eating once you've had a taste . . .
- 170 ml short-grain rice ("dessert" rice, if you can find it)
- 700 ml milk
- 170 ml water
- 85 ml heavy cream
- 35 g butter
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- Melt half the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the rice and water, and boil on high heat for 10 minutes or so until the water has evaporated.
- Turn down the heat.
- Add milk and cinnamon and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Rice should now be tender.
- Add cream, salt, sugar and vanilla extract, and stir well.
- Stir in the remainder of the butter, and when this has melted, serve immediately.
- Can also be served chilled from the refrigerator.
This is a great recipe for rice pudding. I found that converting the recipe to US measurements was a little tricky, but the end result is a creamy, sweet and delicious dessert. My daughter had a friend over to play and she couldn't get enough. Thanks for sharing this recipe that the 2 girls here rate 100 stars.
My first try at rice pudding. I love the flavor. I had to add a little more milk, it dried up fast and I wanted it cooked a bit more. My husband loved the flavor too, but it wasn't creamy enough for him. I'm thinking of adding some vanilla(instant)pudding to this mix to creamy it up. Thanks for posting. I will be playing with this again! ;)
What an outstanding recipe for rice pudding...this was wonderful, so creamy and delicious...I didn't have any short grain rice, so I made it with regular long grain white rice...didn't seem to make any difference, I was still yummy. I will be making this again, it was very good...thanks Flemishminx for posting...great rice pudding recipe!...KC :-)