Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was in the studio on Halloween night working on my metals project for over seven hours. Richard had the day off so he decided to surprise me with a nice supper. He prepared this dish, and I have only been teaching him how to cook for a short while. He based it off a recipe he found but he tweaked it quit a bit. The results were outstanding, I hope you agree.
- 4 pork chops (thin chops two for each serving)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 ounces ham (thin sliced deli ham 3 slices)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- cotton string
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cooking sherry
- Preheat to 350°F.
- Rinse pork chops.
- Pat dry and place on cutting board and set aside.
- Cut casing off sausage.
- In a bowl, mix bread crumbs, chopped ham, mozzarella and sausage into a big meatball.
- Cut meatball in half.
- Place one half on two of the pork chops.
- Place other two pork chops on top like a sandwich.
- Tie together very tight and push stuffing inside the chops.
- In a skillet on med high add oil and allow to heat up.
- Pat chops dry and place in skillet, careful not to let the strings stick.
- Brown on both sides then set inside a roasting pan.
- In the pork chop skillet add chicken broth, onions, butter and sherry stir for 6-8 minutes.
- Pour over stuffed chops cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove string before serving and drizzle with pan sauce.