Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from "Star Food" by Carole Andersen Travis, and she warns about the strength of this mustard, so don't say you too were not warned! She says that she uses it sparingly, but some of her friends slather it on. I have no idea who Richard is.
- 1 cup English mustard powder
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 jigger brandy
- boiling water, as needed
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the boiling water.
- Stir well, and while continuing to stir, add enough boiling water until the mixture is of the consistency of mustard from a jar-not too thick and not too thin.
- Beat for two minutes until gas bubbles arise to the surface.
- Pour into sterilized jars, cover, and store in a cool place, but NOT the refrigerator.