Recipe by Rich-ard
A quick and healthy recipe. Easy to cook on the grill or in the oven under the broiler.
- 4 limes
- 3 -4 fresh garlic cloves, as preferred
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut in quarters
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1 1/2 inch square pieces
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse limes.
- Roll on a hard surface, with moderate force, to break internal membranes to facilitate getting the most juice.
- Cut limes in half; squeeze out juice into a large bowl.
- Finely mince garlic (or use a garlic press); add to lime juice.
- Add olive oil and stir well.
- Add chicken, red onion, green bell pepper and tomatoes to the bowl.
- Toss to coat all the ingredients evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if cooking on the grill, light grill and adjust so coals are about 3 inches from grate.
- Bring water to a boil in medium bowl.
- Add rice, stir, and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook on low for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare kebabs by alternating marinated ingredients on skewers.
- You should end up with 6 to 7 skewers.
- Cook, either on the grill or broil in the oven 3 inches from heat source.
- Turn the skewers every 4-5 minutes to prevent from burning and to cook evenly.
- Cook 20 to 30 minutes until chicken is done.
- Serve with rice on side.