Bridget Cloud's Note:
Use for dinner rolls or sweet rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream margarine and shortening with sugar until light. Add eggs slowly, blending well between each addition.
- 2Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water (110 --be sure that water is not too hot).
- 3Sift together flour and salt.
- 4Add half of flour and half of milk to the shortening-sugar mixture.
- 5Add dissolved yeast.
- 6Add remainder of milk and flour to make a soft dough.
- 7Cover dough; let rest for 10 minutes.
- 8Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8 to 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- 9Place dough in a lightly greased bowl large enough to hold dough when doubled in size, turning once to grease the surface.
- 10Cover; let rise in a warm place (90 F) until double in size (about 2 hours).
- 11Fold dough over from 4 sides to knead lightly.
- 12Let rise again until double in size.
- 13Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape as desired.
- 14Let rise in warm place (90 F) until double in size (about 25 to 30 minutes).
- 15Do not let rolls "over-rise".
- 16Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until both the top and bottom of rolls are golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 17Remove from oven and brush top of rolls with melted margarine.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Yeast Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.4
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.4 mg
- Sodium 658.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 11.4 g