1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From a Better Homes & Gardens publication "Holiday Cooking 1988". This dough has three things going for it: 1. It tastes good. 2. You can freeze it for up to three months. 3. NO KNEADING! I have made dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls, appetizers and even pizza crust with this dough. Very versatile! If using unsalted butter, I suggest adding an additional teaspoon of salt. "Cooking time" is rising time for dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups of flour and the yeast.
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat the milk, butter, brown sugar and salt until very warm (115F to 120F) and butter is almost melted, stirring constantly.
- 3Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture along with the eggs.
- 4Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1/2 minute then beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- 5Using a wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 6Place dough in a greased bowl and grease top of dough lightly.
- 7Cover and let rise in a warm place until double (1 to 1 1/2 hours-less with Rapid Rise yeast).
- 8Stir dough down and divide into thirds (about 1 pound each).
- 9Place each portion in a 1-gallon ziplock bag, leaving ample space for dough to expand.
- 10Chill at least 2 hours before using.
- 11***Eachportion will make a dozen cinnamon or dinner rolls or 1 pizza crust.
- 12TO FREEZE: After dividing dough, seal each portion in a ziplock freezer bag, removing all air.
- 13Label and freeze for up to three months.
- 14To use, thaw in bag overnight in refrigerator.
- 15To thaw in the microwave, unwrap dough and place in a greased microwave-safe pie plate.
- 16Cook uncovered on"low" or"defrost" until thawed (about 15 minutes, but microwave ovens vary so much--).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Yeast Dough
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 76.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g