1/2 Photos of Rich White Cake With Strawberry Frosting
One of my favorite cakes that I've been making for many years! Happy to share!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups sifted flour, sift first, then measure
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 egg whites
- 2 1/4 cups whole frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed in strainer
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 dash salt, half of an 1/8 tsp
- 1 whole fresh strawberries
- 1Cream butter and shortening, gradually add sugar, beating well on medium speed.
- 2Combine water and milk in small bowl, set aside.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and salt, add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 4Stir in flavorings.
- 5Beat egg whites, (at room temp.), til stiff peaks form.
- 6Gently fold into batter.
- 7Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9" round cake pans.
- 8Bake at 350º for 20 minutes, or til toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pans 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- 10Spread frosting between layers, sides and top of cake.
- 11Garnish with whole strawberries if desired.
- 12Strawberry frosting:.
- 13Thaw berries, place in a strainer.
- 14Slightly mash, and let drain to measure 2/3 cup strawberry pulp.
- 15Combine pulp and remaining ingredients in top of double-boiler, place over boiling water.
- 16Beat at high speed for 7 minutes.
- 17Remove from heat.
- 18Makes enough frosting for a 3-layer cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich White Cake With Strawberry Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (2322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5870.8
- Calories from Fat 1845
- Total Fat 205.1 g
- Saturated Fat 88.2 g
- Cholesterol 266.8 mg
- Sodium 5126.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 947.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.8 g
- Sugars 627.2 g
- Protein 76.0 g