1/1 Photo of Rich White Bread for the Food Processor - W/ Rapid Rise Yeast
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe comes from the Fleishman's Yeast site-it uses Rapid Rise ( also know as bread machine) Yeast. Rapid Yeast only needs 1 rise instead of two. I have changed the recipe only a bit ( and I added some additional directions) to make the recipe easier to follow.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. With dough blade inserted, place flour, sugar, yeast and salt -- then process fro 5-10 seconds to combine.
- 22. Add butter and egg to mix and pulse.
- 33. Start the processor and slowly pour the warm water through the chute intil the dough forms a ball. All the water may not be needed. If the mix looks crumbly, then add bits of water. If the mix looks watery, then add some flour.
- 44. Once the ball is formed, process for another 1-2 minutes. The dough should be smooth and elastic.
- 55. Remove the dough from the processor bowl and form the dough into a ball. Let the dough ball sit for 10 minutes to rest.
- 65. Shape the dough as desired ( it can be shaped anyway but it must fit into a loaf pan).
- 76. Place into loaf pan ( spray with Baker's Joy first). Cover dough with a moist, warm, wrung out, cloth. Let dough rise, in pan,.
- 8until doubled . This will take anywhere from 30 - 60 minutes. Dough should be "proofed" before placing into preheated oven. The dough should , when pressed lightly, bounce back slowly ( a small indent may be left.).
- 97. Bake for 25-30 minutes , at 350 F or until a thermometer reads, when inserted deep into the dough, 195°F.
- 108. Let loaf cool in pan fro the first 10 minutes, then cool loaf on rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich White Bread for the Food Processor - W/ Rapid Rise Yeast
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.3
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 402.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 8.1 g