- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large leek, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock or 1 1⁄4 cups mushroom stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring and adding water as necessary, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in leek and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add wine and stir vigorously to dislodge the browned bits from the pot, then add broth, honey and thyme.
- Cover and cook 25 minutes.
- Remove thyme stem, stir in fresh parsley and serve.