Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my signature "Turkey Gravy" praised by Family and Friends for years.
Make and share this Rich Turkey Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 2 turkey wings, split into three pieces,neck,gizzards,etc. from turkey.
- 3 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- dripping, from roasted turkey (remove fat)
- 3 carrots, scrubbed and cut up
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup reserved broth
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place turkey wings, celery, onion and carrot in roasting pan.
- Roast in 350 oven for 1 hour, stirring twice, or until nicely browned.
- Place ingredients from roasting pan in 8 qrt stockpot.
- Add the water and reserved turkey drippings Simmer, partially covered 2 hours, skimming fat from time to time.
- Strain and reserve carrots, onions and celery.
- Add more water if needed to make 4 cups broth.
- Puree carrots, onions and celery add to stockpot.
- Cook over low heat.
- Stir flour and reserved 1/2 cup broth in small bowl.
- Whisk into pan along with salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, whisking, until thickened.
- Strain and serve.