3 hrs 20 mins
This is my signature "Turkey Gravy" praised by Family and Friends for years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 turkey wings, split into three pieces,neck,gizzards,etc. from turkey.
- 3 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- dripping, from roasted turkey (remove fat)
- 3 carrots, scrubbed and cut up
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup reserved broth
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Place turkey wings, celery, onion and carrot in roasting pan.
- 3Roast in 350 oven for 1 hour, stirring twice, or until nicely browned.
- 4Place ingredients from roasting pan in 8 qrt stockpot.
- 5Add the water and reserved turkey drippings Simmer, partially covered 2 hours, skimming fat from time to time.
- 6Strain and reserve carrots, onions and celery.
- 7Add more water if needed to make 4 cups broth.
- 8Puree carrots, onions and celery add to stockpot.
- 9Cook over low heat.
- 10Stir flour and reserved 1/2 cup broth in small bowl.
- 11Whisk into pan along with salt and pepper.
- 12Cook over low heat, whisking, until thickened.
- 13Strain and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Turkey Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.7
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.9 mg
- Sodium 343.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 9.5 g