Years ago I kept craving tuna. Strange, because I am really not a tuna lover. Eventually I came across Bumble Bee albacore tuna (DOLPHIN SAFE, very important to me) packed in water. I bought 2 cans. I used a few normal ingredients and one or two not so mainstream ingredients. It's delicious, almost tastes "roasted" for lack of a better description :) I developed this, but I'm sure others have used something similar. It really satisfied my craving for tuna (must have been my body craving protein and omega 3 fatty acids) I just thought I'd share! Oh, also! The tuna mellows and tastes much better if allowed to sit in the fridge for several hours. Also good on crackers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) cans bumble bee albacore tuna in water (other brands may be substituted, but I prefer Bumble Bee)
- 1 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise (again, a personal preference)
- 2 (4 1/4 ounce) cans of chopped black olives
- 1 small red onion
- 2 medium dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1Drain tuna, trying to get as much juice out as you can.
- 2Feed the juice to your kitties :).
- 3Place in a medium bowl.
- 4Dice the red onion finely.
- 5Dice the dill pickle finely.
- 6Mix the above ingredients with the mayonnaise and mix as finely as possible.
- 7Add the chopped olives, lemon pepper, fresh dill and dried mustard, mix well.
- 8Serve on freshly baked Sourdough bread. Add lettuce and tomato, if desired.
- 9For a low carb version, omit bread and dollop on a nice bed of lettuce (free food!) :).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Tuna Salad, Even for the Tuna Haters :)
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.0
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 1305.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning