Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very decadent rich fudgy cake....wonderful to serve for an after dinner dessert....if desired to with pureed raspberry sauce (2 cups fresh or frozen respberries with 2 tbsp sugar, pureed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 1 9-in springform pan.
- In the microwave, or double boiler, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until thick and creamy (about 4 minutes).
- Blend in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Run a knife around the edge of springform pan to loosen; remove cake to serving plate.
- FOR GLAZE: In a small saucepan,combine all glaze ingredients; cook, and stir over low heat until melted and smooth; cool slightly.
- Spread the glaze over top and sides of cake.