Recipe by Zurie
This was invented one night by my (non-cooking!) husband. I submitted it years ago for a recipe contest, and won!
Top Review by JustJanS
We didn't enjoy this as much as we expected too. It was easy, but I think it overpowered our delicate veal chops. I also think I'd have liked a fresh herb added at the end to give all those pantry staples a bit of a fresh lift. Sorry but we wouldn't make this again.
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated cheddar cheese (preferably matured)
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup (made with real tomatoes!)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons very good grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 7 ingredients with a fork.
- Roast or grill meat until NEARLY done as you like it.
- Spread the cheese mixture over each portion of meat.
- Sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- Grill carefully -- watching -- until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately on warmed plates.
- Note: use lean meat, and serve with side dishes such as stewed apples or orange slices, rice and zucchini.