Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from the back of a Gravox Beef Stock carton - I needed to post for safe keeping because I'm throwing the carton :-) Haven't tried it out yet so prep and cooking times are approximate
- Heat the stock and water in a saucepan and allow to simmer gently.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot.
- Saute the onion and bacon until soft.
- Add the risotto rice and garlic and stir for 1 minut.
- add the crushed tomatos.
- Add the hot stock a cup at a time.
- Stirr in the stock until absorbed and the rice is tender (about 20 minutes).
- Take off the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese and cracked pepper to tast.
- Servce with steak or roast beef, or as a meal in itself.