Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
For scrumptious vegan lox and cream cheese, top with strips of roasted red pepper. Adapted from The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook by Jo Stepaniak.
- 1⁄3 cup smooth cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (a mild sweet syrup.) or 2 teaspoons corn syrup (a mild sweet syrup.) or 2 teaspoons honey (a mild sweet syrup.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled firm silken tofu (about 12 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until very smooth.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
- Keeps 5-7 days in the refrigerator.