Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious vegan version of cream cheese. So good on celery sticks or crackers! And you can adjust the seasonings to your taste. I like to add a couple cloves of fresh garlic and some dried herbs. From The Uncheese Cookbook by Joanne Stepaniak.
- 1⁄4 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup (I just add a dash of stevia)
- 1 cup firm tofu, patted dry and crumbled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and process till very smooth.
- This may take a few minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if you like.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
I have the book, and this became so addictive I ate it everyday. MMM... Great on warm toast (Well, I use gluten-free almond rice bread from Food For Life, which is a heavy loaf, but toasted w/ Earthbalance is so filling and delicious w/ this spread! A must try!).