Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really neat, unique recipe. If you love Tiramisu, you will love this 8) (prep time includes chilling)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 marble pound cake or 1 chocolate pound cake
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- cocoa, for dusting
- Soften gelatin in water in a heat-proof dish for 3 minutes.
- Place dish in skillet of simmering water and stir dissolving gelatin.
- Cut the cake into scant 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Place in bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan in a single layer, cutting to fit snugly.
- Drizzle the coffee liqueur over cake slices.
- In a processor, place cream cheese, ricotta, sugar and cocoa; process until smooth.
- Add gelatin mixture, process to blend well.
- Add chocolate chips, processing just to combine mixture.
- Spread over cake and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill for about 3 hours, or until set.
- Sprinkle the cocoa, then cut into squares.