Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is made in a large amount for enjoying and freezing. Place cooled sauce by 1 cup full in freezer bags to use for future use. Many veggies to help keep the family healthy and the sauce tasty, with No added fat and the sodium is all naturally in the food!
- 3 lbs ground beef or 3 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 1 large carrot, 1 cup diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 105 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- Heat a dry, large, heavy bottom pot add ground beef to brown mixing to separate cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, peppers, carrots, and jalapeno cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, herbs and spices cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce and paste bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour or till thickness desired.
- Before serving add some fresh herbs to bring freshness to the home made delish sauce.
Yummy Great recipe. I used this sauce for the ziti recipe. Thanks rita!