Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
These are absolutely the best for a Saturday afternoon tea-time treat! Serve with a good jam or preserve topped with whipped cream or just plain with a little butter.
- 4 cups flour
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- milk, to mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Using your fingers, rub soft butter into flour mixture until fine crumb stage is reached.
- Break eggs into 250 ml measuring cup and top with milk to make 250 ml.
- Mix together.
- Work egg mixture into dry ingredients to form a soft but not sticky dough.
- If dough is too dry add a tsp of water at a time til the right consistency is produced.
- Lightly pat dough into a square and cut into 16 equal parts.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 230C for 12- 15 minutes.