1/7 Photos of Rich Tea Biscuits
Boyz 5's Note:
Found this recipe in Jean Pare's "Company's Coming" cookbook. I've made baking powder biscuits before, but not with cream of tarter in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put first 5 ingredients in bowl.
- 2Stir thoroughly.
- 3Cut in butter until crumbly.
- 4Pour in milk.
- 5Stir quickly to combine.
- 6Dough should be soft.
- 7Turn out on lightly floured surface.
- 8Knead gently 8-10 times.
- 9Roll or pat 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick or half the thickness you want the baked product to be.
- 10Cut with small round cookie cutter.
- 11Place on greased cookie sheet close together for soft sides or apart for crisp sides.
- 12Bake in 450 degrees oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 13Brushing biscuits with milk before baking will produce a pretty brown top.
- 14Makes 10.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Tea Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (659 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.0
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 471.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g