1/1 Photo of Rich-Tasting Mashed Potatoes
Chef Amira's Note:
This is a very simple and quick recipe for delicious, rich-tasting mashed potatoes. It's a perfect side dish to any meal. Yum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a deep pot and over high heat, drop the potatoes in the water. If needed, add more water to cover the potatoes.
- 2Add the chicken stock cubes.
- 3Bring to a boil, stirring occasionaly until the chicken stock cubes dissolve, then lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- 4Drain the potatoes, saving 1/4 cup of the broth.
- 5Place the potatoes in a large flat dish, add the butter, milk, and 1/4 cup of broth, and mash the potatoes until you get a soft purée. Meanwhile, add salt and pepper to taste, until you get the right taste for you.
- 6note: remember that the chicken stock is salty, so go easy on the salt at first. also, if you use salted butter, go even easier on the salt.
- 7I usually like my mashed potatoes with small lumps, so if you're like me, stop here. If you like your potaoes creamy, then use a hand mixer and blend to get a smooth and creamy texture.
- 8Bon appetit.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich-Tasting Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.7 mg
- Sodium 607.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g