Recipe by Chef Amira
This is a very simple and quick recipe for delicious, rich-tasting mashed potatoes. It's a perfect side dish to any meal. Yum.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut up in 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups water (or more if needed, the potatoes must be covered well)
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep pot and over high heat, drop the potatoes in the water. If needed, add more water to cover the potatoes.
- Add the chicken stock cubes.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionaly until the chicken stock cubes dissolve, then lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes, saving 1/4 cup of the broth.
- Place the potatoes in a large flat dish, add the butter, milk, and 1/4 cup of broth, and mash the potatoes until you get a soft purée. Meanwhile, add salt and pepper to taste, until you get the right taste for you.
- note: remember that the chicken stock is salty, so go easy on the salt at first. also, if you use salted butter, go even easier on the salt.
- I usually like my mashed potatoes with small lumps, so if you're like me, stop here. If you like your potaoes creamy, then use a hand mixer and blend to get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Bon appetit.