Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you have any left over mashed sweet potatoes, then this is an excellent way to use them up....and does this make a moist cake....you won't believe the difference that sweet potato makes in this cake...and very easy to prepare.
Top Review by TommyGato
This is an incredibly moist and rich tasting chocolate cake even without the chocolate chips! To get an intense chocolate flavor, I instead added 1/3 cup of coco to the batter. The cake had a wonderful texture and no real hint of the yam flavor. I frosted with Kittencal's chocolate buttercream Recipe #89207. For a chocolate lover, this was heaven on earth! Thanks very much for posting!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 9" round cake pans.
- At low speed, beat cake mix with eggs, melted butter and 1 cup water for 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low; beat in cooked mashed sweet potatoes, and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until cake test done.
- Cool on rack 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- Frost cake with desired frosting.