Recipe by Lainey39
This recipe makes a lot so the serving size is just an estimate. It is great to serve to serve as an appetizer when you are having dinner guests. You may substitute chicken for the shrimp. You may also make your own alfredo sauce or try "Alfredo Sauce" if you don't want to use bottled sauce. This is not a low fat dish but it good for special occasions.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, no substitutes
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) jars alfredo sauce
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded (fresh is great but only optional)
- 1 lb large raw shrimp or 1 large raw shrimp, cleaned
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, diced
- 2 cups large unseasoned croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- In non-stick skillet, add butter, onion, garlic and saute gently until onions are translucent.
- Add alfredo sauce and 1/2 pound of shredded mozzarella.
- Stir, add shrimp, stir, add parsley to top.
- Add croutons to cover top of mixture, gently press croutons into mixture, but not completely.
- Sprinkle 1/2 pound mozzarella over croutons.
- Cover with lid, simmer for about 20 minutes.