1/2 Photos of Rich Shortbreads
A very rich, buttery and delicate shortbread. From the Women's Weekly Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits from the late 80's or early 90's. Use a piping bag or shape with your hands. Recipe uses Aussie tablespoon measure that equals 4 US teaspoons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have butter at room temperature.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C / 360°F.
- 3Cream the butter with sifted icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add the sifted flour and cornflour.
- 5Mix in vanilla and beat until smooth.
- 6Place the mixture into a large piping bag with a 1/2inch star tube nozzle attached.
- 7Pipe into 5cm/2 inch long shapes onto lighly greased oven trays.
- 8Bake 12 to 15 minutes , or until pale brown.
- 9Cool on trays for 5 mintues and then place on wire racks until fully cooled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Shortbreads
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 57.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 0.4 g