Recipe by **Jubes**
A very rich, buttery and delicate shortbread. From the Women's Weekly Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits from the late 80's or early 90's. Use a piping bag or shape with your hands. Recipe uses Aussie tablespoon measure that equals 4 US teaspoons.
- 250 g butter, no substitutes (8 oz)
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar (16 teaspoons confectioners or powdered sugar)
- 1 cup cornflour (cornstarch)
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Have butter at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 360°F.
- Cream the butter with sifted icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the sifted flour and cornflour.
- Mix in vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Place the mixture into a large piping bag with a 1/2inch star tube nozzle attached.
- Pipe into 5cm/2 inch long shapes onto lighly greased oven trays.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes , or until pale brown.
- Cool on trays for 5 mintues and then place on wire racks until fully cooled.