Recipe by ittybitty
I never used to like shortbread until I tried this recipe. The cookies stay moist and melt in your mouth. Dont let the corn starch fool you, you'd never know it was in there!! Enjoy!
Top Review by mirandazoch
I did this just as the recipe said. I had to guess if the butter was supposed to be room temp or cold. (I assumed room temp) The batter was the consistency of cake frosting. I thought that was strange, but I baked them anyway. They fell apart when I was taking them off the cookie sheet, and they tasted awful. I felt like I was eating sand. There was no flavor at all. Perhaps I did something wrong. But these were awful.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Whip butter, stir in cornstarch, flour, and sugar.
- Beat low for 1 minute, then on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Then I just squish is all together into a ball with my hands!
- Roll 2 inch pieces into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes but do not bake until browned.