Recipe by dale!
A very rich and different square using Turkish Delight. Very exotic tasting but so easy to make.
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar icing
- 1 1⁄2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut, toasted and chopped (or other nut of choice)
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped (optional)
- 100 g rose flavoured Turkish Delight, chopped (not chocolate coated)
- 200 g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons rose water
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a deep 19cm square cake pan and line base and 2 sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Combine all of the ingredients in one large bowl and mix well.
- Using your hands is easiest!
- Press mixture evenly over the base of the prepared pan.
- Cover and refridgerate for several hours until firm.
- To serve, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Decorate dish with unsprayed rose petals if you can get some.