This is so rich and so good. I love the combination of ravioli and white beans--it makes for a very substantial soup. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand, in whatever quantity you like. This is a very flexible soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- garlic powder
- freshly cracked black pepper
- freshly cracked sea salt
- red pepper flakes
- chili powder
- celery salt
- onion salt
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces miniature dried cheese ravioli
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (use a mix that comes with cheese sauce... broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower is a tasty combination)
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Saute zucchini until softened, about 3minutes. Add the seasonings in whatever quantity you desire, but be sure to add more than you think! The vegetables soak up a lot of the flavor. Add red bell pepper and continue sauteing until they are softened, too--about another 3 minutes.
- 2Now, add 2 cups of water, and give everything a good stir. Add the 2 teaspoons beef bouillon powder, the can of sliced tomatoes, the can of white beans, the mini ravioli, and the 10 ounces frozen vegetables in cheese sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer, using no more than medium heat.
- 3Stir occasionally, and, as you do, check the seasonings. Add more as necessary.
- 4Depending on your ravioli, the soup should need to cook about ten more minutes, but be vigilant! Watch the ravioli closely to make sure that it does not overcook.
- 5That's it! You're done!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Ravioli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion
miniature dried cheese ravioli