Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
For special occasion breakfast/brunch.
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup raspberries, rinsed and well drained
- powdered sugar
- 1 cup raspberries, rinsed and well drained (sweetened with 1 T. sugar, if desired)
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another smaller bowl, add the egg, sour cream, and milk; whisk to blend.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients; carefully fold together (will be thick).
- Heat a nonstick griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour or spoon approximately 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake; lower heat to medium-low.
- When you see bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, add 4-5 berries on top and press them down into batter.
- Turn pancake and cook until other side is lightly browned.
- Serve warm pancakes sprinkled with sweetened fresh berries and powdered sugar.
These were good. We thought they tasted like pancakes, rather than the best pancakes we've ever had, but they were good.
This was absolutely the BEST pancake I, or my BF, had ever put in our mouths! So delicious that we instantly declared that we would never make another type of pancake again. We have done this recipe with blueberries and blackberries also, and every time it was an absolutely ecstatic experience! Thank you so much Nurse Di :)