Recipe by hellokitty
Can be a dessert sandwich or a brunch-time treat! Make sure to line up the raspberries in neat rows so that when you cut the sandwich, they look nice!
- 8 ounces goat cheese, fresh
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 slices brioche bread (1/4 inch thick) or 8 slices egg bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries, washed and dried well (about 6 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix the cheese with the 2 tablespoons of sugar and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with the butter and sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons sugar over the buttered bread. Place 4 slices on your work surface, buttered side down.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the 4 slices. Carefully position the raspberries in neat rows over the cheese.
- Place the remaining 4 bread slices on top, buttered side up. Cut off the crusts to create a seal.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Put the sandwiches in the skillet, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until the undersides are golden brown and the cheese has begun to soften.
- Uncover and turn the sandwiches over, pressing each one lightly with a spatula to flatten them slightly. Cook for one minute or until the undersides are golden brown.
- Turn the sandwiches again, press lightly with the spatula, and cook for 30 seconds or until the cheese is soft and creamy.