Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Can be a dessert sandwich or a brunch-time treat! Make sure to line up the raspberries in neat rows so that when you cut the sandwich, they look nice!
- 8 ounces goat cheese, fresh
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 slices brioche bread (1/4 inch thick) or 8 slices egg bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries, washed and dried well (about 6 ounces)
- In a small bowl, mix the cheese with the 2 tablespoons of sugar and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with the butter and sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons sugar over the buttered bread. Place 4 slices on your work surface, buttered side down.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the 4 slices. Carefully position the raspberries in neat rows over the cheese.
- Place the remaining 4 bread slices on top, buttered side up. Cut off the crusts to create a seal.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Put the sandwiches in the skillet, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until the undersides are golden brown and the cheese has begun to soften.
- Uncover and turn the sandwiches over, pressing each one lightly with a spatula to flatten them slightly. Cook for one minute or until the undersides are golden brown.
- Turn the sandwiches again, press lightly with the spatula, and cook for 30 seconds or until the cheese is soft and creamy.
wow! This was an amazing snack. You should post a pic for it. I'm sure yours look amazing. Keep up the good ideas