Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Using heavy cream instead of milk makes this pumpkin pie very rich. Perfect for the fall/winter or holiday season!
- 1 -9 inch unbaked pie shell
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 450 degree.
- Mix pumpkin, sugar and spices together.
- Add cream, mixing well.
- Beat egg yolks, add to pumpkin mixture, and mix well.
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold eggs whites into pumpkin mixture until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Pour or spoon mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees then reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 30 minutes, or until set and golden brown.