Top Review by Bogey'sMom
I thought this was an unusual recipe for a cheesecake, so decided to try it. It's really delicious, but very rich as the recipe suggests. I'm gonna try it as a "plain" cheesecake next to see if the flavors are as wonderful.
- 1 (18 ounce) package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Spice Cake Mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk, sweetened
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package almonds, sliced
- 2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375'F.
- For crust, combine cake mix and melted butter in large bowl; press into bottom of ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- For filling, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in large bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, eggs and pumpkin pie spice. Beat at high speed 1 minute. Pour over prepared crust in pan.
- Bake at 375'F for 65 to 70 minutes or until set. Cool completely on rack.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Loosen cake from sides of pan; remove sides of pan.
- For topping, preheat oven to 300'F.
- Toast almonds on baking sheet at 300'F 4 to 5 minutes or until fragrant and light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Beat cream in medium bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over top of chilled cake. Garnish with toasted almonds.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Tip: To prepare in a 13x9 inch pan, bake at 350'F for 35 minutes or until set.