Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this for tea, adapted from a recipe for traditional shepherds pie! It is completely delicious and was a huge hit with everyone (Hurrah!).
- 1 lb pork, chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 300 ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- salt and black pepper
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large saucepan. Add pork and fry until browned.
- Add carrots, shallots and garlic and sautee for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook for one minute.
- Pour in hot stock, thyme, worcestershire sauce, tom puree and seasoning, stir well.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until thickened and carrots are tender.
- Serve with lots of creamy mashed potato and crisp steamed cauliflower (or veg of choice).