Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Oh, my goodness! This has to be the best PB Pudding recipe I found. I have looked at a lot, but really, this takes the cake..or pudding I should say. 8)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- whipped cream
- chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir until well blended, slowly adding milk; bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Combine the egg whites (room temperature) and salt, beating until foamy.
- Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar, beating until stiff but not dry (but don't over beat).
- Fold the egg whites into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon into serving dish/glasses.
- Cover and let chill, adding Cool Whip; sprinkle the nuts before serving.