Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an old recipe from my Mom's magic baking powder book. This is a brunch favorite at our house, my son has even learned how to make these so he can freeze them for quick breakfasts. Pop into the microwave or toaster.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (can use 1/4c)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- nutmeg (couple shakes)
- Seperate eggs and beat whites till fluffy but not dry, set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Beat yolks and milk.
- Slowly add dry ingredients beat till smooth.
- Mix in melted butter.
- Do not overbeat.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Cook over medium heat till golden.
Fantastic pancakes! Used 1/4 cup Smart Balance instead of butter - worked fine! Added about 2/3 cup freeze dried blueberries & let sit 20 minutes before doling out 1/2 cup sized pancakes on the griddle. High rising, crispy edged wonderful! Served with peppered bacon & Grade B amber maple syrup - just the best Olympics watching brunch. TY fairy Godmother - our go-to recipe for pancakes now.