Recipe by lets.eat
Quick and flavorable, copied this from one of my moms magazines. Thumbs up recipe even for our picky 10 yr. old, his only complaint was he wanted a fork not a spoon packed in his lunchbox, or else he would have eaten it all!
- 473.18 ml thinly sliced sweet onions
- 59.16 ml butter
- 907.18 g cubed deli roast beef or 907.18 g leftover cubed cooked beef roast
- 2 (822.13 g) can beef broth
- 59.16 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml ground mustard
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml red wine
- 4.92 ml browning sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan cook onions in butter over medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, mustard and sugar, stir in wine and browning sauce until smooth.
- Stir into the soup.
- Bring the soup to a boil and cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.