Recipe by lets.eat
Quick and flavorable, copied this from one of my moms magazines. Thumbs up recipe even for our picky 10 yr. old, his only complaint was he wanted a fork not a spoon packed in his lunchbox, or else he would have eaten it all!
- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs cubed deli roast beef or 2 lbs leftover cubed cooked beef roast
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan cook onions in butter over medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, mustard and sugar, stir in wine and browning sauce until smooth.
- Stir into the soup.
- Bring the soup to a boil and cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.