Recipe by andypandy
This recipe was rec'd from Anne O'Rielly many years ago when I was selling my baking. Its a very nice cookie.
Top Review by bigbadbrenda
easy to make but I didnt have cake flour so I sifted the all purpose flour twice. Nice taste to them a bit crunchy outside but soft after being in your mouth 10 seconds. Husband devoured the plate quickly. Thanks for posting.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 cups rolled oats (five or twenty minute)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure the flour and salt and set aside.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water.
- Cream the butter, shortening, blend in the sugar well.
- Add the dissolved soda, then vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients, and combine until well blended.
- Shape into small balls 2 inches apart set onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Press down with a floured fork.
- Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees, for 10 to 14 minutes, until golden.