Spun my own version after browsing dozens of recipes for granola. Am still tweaking the fine details, but the flavor came out fantastic on first try; well worth another go. The recipe is flexible - mix and match ingredients to your heart's content. Happy crunching!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 1/2 cups rolled oats, not instant
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 2/3 cup oat bran
- 2/3 cup flax seed, golden
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup amaranth
- 1 cup wheat germ, raw
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein, flakes
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Combine "Dry Ingredients" in a large bowl.
- 3Heat "Syrup Ingredients" in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring, until smooth. Reduce heat to low.
- 4Add syrup mixture to dry granola, about 1/4 - 1/2 cup at a time, mixing granola to coat evenly.
- 5Lightly spray two cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Divide granola-syrup mixture in two and spread each half on a cookie sheet, making sure the granola makes an even layer that reaches all the way to edges.
- 6Bake at 300 degrees for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes to prevent burning. Remove from oven & cool on wire racks.
- 7For a small crumble texture, stir granola periodically while cooling; for clusters, allow to cool completely before gently breaking granola.
- 8When completely cool, mix in any desired fruits and store in an airtight container (or add fruits/other toppings when serving). NOTE: remove any cinnamon stick pieces before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Nutty Granola
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.1
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein