Always in the kitchen Connie's Note:
Fast and easy and no hassles with frosting. Good picnic cake, as it travels well. My mother made this cake once a week during the 50's. She always added a cup of chopped dates to the batter, to get us kids to eat more fruits. Today I prefer to leave them out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs in bowl.
- 3Mix until moistened.
- 4Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- 5Pour into lightly sprayed and floured 13 x 9 inch pan.
- 6Sprinkle chocolate chips, sugar and nuts over top of cake.
- 7Bake 33 to 37 minutes in 350 degree oven, until toothpick comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan.
- 9Cake does not need to be refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich No Frost Chocolate Chip Cake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.6
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 457.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g