1/5 Photos of Rich No Boil Lasagne
1 hr 30 mins
Cheesy goodness! I adapted this from the recipe on the Barilla no-boil noodle box. I increased the amount of cheese, and used a homemade sauce because I think canned sauces are too sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles (1 box)
- 2 eggs
- 28 -32 ounces nonfat cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes or 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Lightly beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add cottage cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella, and the parmesan or romano cheese. Add the pepper and 1 tsp each of dried basil and oregano and stir well.
- 3Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat - swirl to coat skillet. Add sausage and onion, and cook until sausage is no longer pink, then add garlic and cook briefly (one minute or so).
- 4If there's extra oil in the pan at this point, drain and discard.
- 5Stir tomato paste into sausage mixture and then slowly stir in red wine and water.
- 6Process canned tomatoes in food processor until finely chopped. Add with ALL liquid to skillet and stir.
- 7Add remaining 1 tsp each of oregano and basil and heat just until bubbling, then remove from heat.
- 8Spread 1 cup of sauce in bottom of pan.
- 9To layer lasagne:.
- 10Layer 1/4 of noodles, 1/3 of cheese mixture, and 1 1/4 c of sauce.
- 11Repeat layers twice.
- 12Then top with remaining 1/4 of noodles, remaining sauce, and 2 cups of mozzarella.
- 13Cover tightly with foil and bake for 55 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5 minutes so top can brown slightly.
- 14Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich No Boil Lasagne
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.2
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 120.6 mg
- Sodium 1100.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles