Recipe by Boopster
This recipe came from my favorite Aunt who used to make this for all the family dinners. I think this was the first cheesecake I ever tasted. All who try it, agree. The best, most creamy, no-bake cheesecake ever. It is our annual Christmas dessert!
Top Review by Diana Shrome
Pretty tasty...LOL people are so darned funny..The CRUST is the only part that is baked...and that only takes a few minutes...Do people even read these recipes before they give a negatie rating?
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients for crust, and press crumbs into bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water and chill until it thickens (syrupy).
- In large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- On low speed, beat the jello into cream cheese mixture.
- In separate small bowl, beat the whipping cream and 2 tbs sugar and fold into jello/cream cheese mixture.
- Pour in crust and chill until set-about 1 1/2 hours.
- I don't know about using the unflavored gelatin and lemon juice. I would imagine that if you keep the liquid in the same quantities, you should be fine. One packet of gelatin dissolved in 1 cup of boiling water-just make sure its all dissolved. I would start with 1 tbs of lemon juice and taste and go from there. You will also need to add a sweetner of some sort to balance the tartness of the lemon. (added 5-5-04) B